○ Anxiety disorders are the most common mental illness in the U.S.,affecting 40 million adults in the United States age 18 and older ○ 18.1% of the population every year. ○ Anxiety disorders are highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of those suffering receive treatment.
○ 88% of patients reported cluster period termination from LSD treatment
○ 80% reported remission period extension
○ Orphan drug designation potential: Blockbuster orphan drugs including immunosuppressant Humira, the global sales leader in drug sales at $18.4 billion in 2017 or cancer drugs like Revlimid which generated $8.2 billion in 2017.
○ $242 billion market potential given orphan drug approval